Sales terms & conditions
Version March 2022
The terms and conditions in this document are applicable, though subject to changes which can be made by both parties, by a written express agreement. They take precedence over the buyer's general conditions of purchase.
2 Formation of Contract
- The contract shall be deemed effective when, after receiving an order, Powerdale has sent a written confirmation within the time limit, if any, set by the buyer.
- If, when making a firm proposal, Powerdale sets a deadline for acceptance, the contract shall be deemed effective when the purchaser has sent a written confirmation before the expiry of that period. However, the contract is only effective if this confirmation arrives at the latest one week after the expiry of that period.
- A change to the proposals of Powerdale shall only be made if it is confirmed in writing.
The buyer shall be entitled to have the quality of used materials and portions of the hardware audited and inspected by his or her authorized representatives both during manufacture and when completed. These audits and inspections are carried out on the manufacturing site during normal working hours, according to the agreement with Powerdale on the date and time. The costs of this exam, including those resulting from the intervention of an inspecting or testing authority, will be charged to the buyer.
4 Transfer of risk
- For Benelux and France, goods are sold DAP.
- The buyer shall indicate the exact place of delivery of the goods in the order form.
- For the rest of the world, goods are sold Ex-Works. Powerdale will notify the buyer in writing of the date on which the buyer is required to take delivery of the material. Powerdale's notice must be given sufficiently in advance to enable the buyer to take the steps normally necessary to do this. The goods are therefore shipped at the purchaser's risk.
5 Reservation of title
- Without prejudice to the provisions of Article 4, goods remain the property of Powerdale until full payment of the price.
- The buyer is bound not to sell or transfer them to third parties as long as the goods remain the property of Powerdale. In the event of non-compliance with this prohibition, a fixed indemnity of 50% of the selling price shall be due from the buyer (over and above the selling price and possible interest for delay).
6 Delivery periods
- Unless otherwise stipulated, the delivery periods shall run from the latter of the following two dates:
a. the date of formation of the contract, as defined by Article 2
b. the date of reception by Powerdale of the deposit, if the contract provides for one before beginning of manufacture.
- Unless otherwise stipulated in the contract, delivery periods are given for reference only and a possible delay cannot lead to or cancellation or compensation of any kind. However, in the event of a delay of more than six months, the buyer may cancel the order without being able to claim compensation.
- If the buyer does not accept delivery of the goods at the time they are placed at the buyer's disposition by Powerdale, he shall nevertheless not delay any normally scheduled payments connected to delivery.
- Powerdale shall provide storage for the material at the buyer's risk and expense. On request of the buyer, the material will be ensured by Powerdale, but at the buyer's expense.
- Payments are to be made in EUROS or in the currency stipulated in the contract, net and without discount.
- The prices are based on the current prices of materials, salaries and social charges and are included in Powerdale’s regularly updated price list. All orders are made at the rate in effect at the time the order is accepted by Powerdale. Unless otherwise agreed upon in the contract, price adjustments included in the price lists will be applicable to current contracts provided they have been communicated to the customer at least 30 days before they come into effect, without prejudice to the adjustments that would be required in case of substantial and unforeseen modification of these parameters or of other parameters having an impact on the final price such as exchange rate fluctuations or the increase of any general costs related to the sales operation. Consumers shall, however, be entitled to terminate the contract, without compensation, before the price changes referred to in this article come into effect
- All current and future taxes as well as all additional costs, whatever the nature, connected to the sale are at the expense of the buyer.
- Unless otherwise agreed, invoices are payable within a period of 30 days starting the day following:
a. reception, by the buyer, of the invoice or an equivalent request for payment, or
b. reception of goods or delivery of services, if the date of receipt of the invoice or the equivalent request for payment is not determined or if the buyer receives the invoice or equivalent request for payment before the goods or services, or
c. acceptance or verification which certify compliance of the goods or services with the contract, if the law or the contract provides for an acceptance or verification process, and if the purchaser receives the invoice or equivalent request for payment earlier than or on the date of acceptance or verification
When the buyer does not pay within the agreed payment period or, failing that, within the legal payment period, Powerdale has the right, beginning the following day, ipso jure and without prior notice, to the payment of interest on the policy rate increased by eight percent and rounded up to the next half point.
The policy rate is the interest rate applied by the European Central Bank to its main refinancing operation as defined by the law of 2 August 2002. When the buyer does not pay within the agreed payment period or, failing that, within the legal payment period, Powerdale is, furthermore, entitled, without prejudice to its right, to the reimbursement of legal costs complying with the provisions of the Judicial Code, to demand from the buyer reasonable compensation for all relevant recovery costs incurred following the delay in payment.
The stipulation of the payment of interest does not invalidate the payability of the terms of payment at the time of their maturity.
- If an invoice is not contested in writing within 20 days of receipt, the buyer shall forfeit the right to contest it and it shall be deemed to have been finally accepted.
8 Financial guarantees
Should it occur, after the contract has been concluded and until full payment of the price, that the buyer's credit is questioned or while credit is deteriorating and specifically in the following cases: request for the prolongation of maturity of the notice of protest, seizure of all or part of the buyer's goods at the initiative of a creditor, delay in payment of contributions owed to NSSO, etc.; Powerdale reserves the right, even after partial dispatch of goods, to require from the purchaser the guarantees that it deems suitable for the satisfactory fulfilment of the buyer's engagement. The refusal to satisfy these guarantees gives the right to Powerdale to terminate all or part of the goods without the need for formal notice.
9 Cancellation clause
In the event of non-payment of the invoice at the due date or in the case of application of Article 8, the agreement shall be resolved ipso jure and by the sole fact of the notification of its will by Powerdale to the buyer by registered letter and without formal notice. Powerdale shall have the right to take back the delivered goods without intervention of the courts. In addition and for damages and interest claims, a sum equal to 15% of the price with a minimum of EURO 250 shall be due.
Please see our standard warranty document
11 Limitation of liability
- Powerdale waives all liability for any possible damage resulting from inspection flaws or lack of maintenance, shock, humidity, corrosion, contamination, heat or resulting from the fact that the products were used for purposes other than those for which they were originally intended.
- Powerdale will not in any instance be liable for loss of profits or halting of activities, for loss of data (including but not limited to any costs whatsoever for data recovery and restoration), loss of contracts, loss of activity, loss of goodwill, financial costs, loss of financial interest or any indirect or consequential damage, whatever the cause of action or the legal basis on which this claim is based.
- The cumulative liability of Powerdale with respect to the scope of application of the present conditions, for both contractual and extracontractual damages, will in any case be limited to EUR 250,000 (two hundred fifty thousand euros) or to the selling price if this is lower.
12 Grounds for exemption
- Are considered causes of exemption if they occur after the conclusion of contract and prevent performance: labour disputes and all other circumstances such as fire, mobilisation, requisition, embargoes, suspension of currency transfer, insurrection, lack of transportation, general lack of supplies, restrictions on energy use while these other circumstances are not under the control of the parties.
- The party that cites the above-mentioned circumstances must immediately provide a written warning to the other party about their intervention as well as their termination.
- The occurrence of one of these causes relieves both Powerdale and the buyer from liability.
13 Applicable law
The contract is governed by the Belgian law unless the parties have stipulated otherwise. In the event of any dispute, only the courts of Brussels will have jurisdiction.