High performant Wide Band Gap Power Electronics for Reliable, energy efficient drivetrains and optimization through Multi-physics simulation
ECSEL Research and Innovation Actions (RIA)
ECSEL project (2018-2021) at a resource-efficient and decarbonized transportation system, supported by the use of advanced and highly integrated wide-bandgap (WBG) technologies in electronic power circuits of electrified vehicles and charging infrastructures.
Powerdale contributes in designing, developing and prototyping the following systems:
a) Uni-directional on-board charging system based on GaN technology,
b) High-level charging management system (HL-CMS) for high-power off-board DC charger based on SiC technology.
- Long term cost reduction for SiC and GaN switches.
- WBG switches with energy efficiency up to 98%.
- WBG switches with up to 500 KHz.
- Reliability and safety as Si technology.
- Power electronic sub-systems with 40% less spatial volume.